ToG- Bighorn River Update at 8:30am on 2/20/2017. The river was at 89.43’ at 7:00am today.

Big Horn County has stated that some ice jams continue to form & move near Manderson. The county will keep us informed of any changes upstream, and we will keep a close eye on the river closer to us. If anything changes in our river condition, we will post updates and use our emergency notification system to keep you updated.

The open water on the river on the north end continues to increase and the open water along the banks continues to increase.

The plan for Mon is:
-continued monitoring of the river and upstream ice jam movements.

Until the threat dissipates, internet updates will continue to be posted around 9:00am and 5:00pm and printed updates at the stores after 9:00am.The plan for Sun & Mon is:
-continued monitoring of the river and upstream ice jam movements.

Here  is the release from Big Horn County for Sunday at 3:15 PM

Ice Jam and flooding update from Big Horn County:

Some ice jams have begun to form in the Manderson area at this time, much as expected. Residents are experiencing some flooding of structures along the Big Horn River in low land areas. Warm weather is expected to continue for a few days. Please be alert and vigilant!

Snow melt is also causing bumper deep flooding of some roads in the Manderson, Basin, and Greybull areas. Please adhere to road closures for your own safety. Updates will be posted daily.

Greybull's Emergency Notification System

“Cloudspeaker/Blackboard” is the platform we use to keep citizens informed during local emergencies (e.g. - extended power outages, ice jams on the Bighorn River, weather alerts, etc). This system will only be used a few times per year, and will not be used for general information. The system has 3 methods of communication:

  1. Text message to your cell phone (preferred method)
  2. Voice message to your home/cell phone (only used after 9PM in emergency situations)
  3. Email to your inbox

Please make sure we know your preferred methods of contact and have up-to-date information.

Please contact Town Hall (307-765-9431) to update your information, or if you have any questions.

Office hours at Town Hall, 24 South 5th Street, are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The office is open during the noon hour unless otherwise posted.

Town Council Meetings

 (held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m.)

Download your Council packet here
(usually posted on the Friday prior to the meeting)

Planning & Zoning Committee
(held on the last Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m.)



Code of Ordinances for Greybull, Wyoming

Contact: Municipal Court Clerk Beverley Jacobs at Town Hall, 765-9431

Court is held every Wednesday at 1 p.m. in the Council/Courtroom at Town Hall and is presided over by Municipal Judge Randy Royal. Ordinances governing town regulations and citations can be viewed at Town Hall or the Greybull Public Library.


Contact: Utility Clerk Fay Smith at Town Hall, 765-9431

Average in-town residential bill for water, sewer, garbage and mosquito control is $88.94 (3k gal used); Average out-of-town bill (water only) is $49.56 (3k gal used); Call Town Hall for answers to your questions about your bill.
Application For Utility Service

All dogs and cats within the town limits must be licensed by the Town of Greybull.

Dog and cat tags are available at Town Hall, 24 South 5th Street. The only requirement before licensing your pet is proof of a current rabies vaccination. The license fee for unaltered males and females is $20. The fee for altered males and females is $5.00.

Contact: Town Hall at 765-9541

Any new construction or structural changes require a building permit before work can begin. Applications and ordinances pertaining to permits can be obtained at Town Hall.

Contractors doing work within town limits are required to obtain a license with the Town of Greybull on an annual basis. The fee is $25 per year and there is a one-page application to complete before the contractor can perform any work in town.
2017 Building Contractor's License Application
2017 Form to Request Cert. of Good Standing from Wrkrs Comp & Unempl

Applications for electrical permits through the State Department of Electrical Safety can be obtained at Town Hall. Additional permits which are also available include: excavation, park reservations, tree removal, new-lawn notices, 24-hour malt beverage, 24-hour catering permits, and peddler's licenses. Please contact the Town Hall office at 765-9431 for more information.
2016 Liquor License Publication

We are pleased that you have taken the time to explore the Town of Greybull. If you have any comments or suggestions, please email us at greybulladmin@wyonet.net or call 307-765-9431 or 307-765-9432.


“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html , or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Myles Foley

Council member

Clay Collingwood

Council member
Marvin Hunt

Council member

Scott Mattis

Council member
Marquerite Van Dyke

Town Administrator
Paul Thur